Episode 29: Do Less - The Revolutionary Approach to Time and Energy Management for Busy Working Mums
If you’re an achievement-oriented working mum who wants to thrive without sacrificing your own well-being, this episode is going to be for you!
I’m talking about doing less to actually achieve more. Sounds great doesn’t it! It’s even more amazing because my guest is Kate Northrup who is an entrepreneur, bestselling author, speaker, and mother of two.
Kate has built a multimedia 7 figure digital empire with her husband, Mike Watts, that reaches hundreds of thousands globally whilst raising their young daughters. Kate & Mike are committed to supporting ambitious women to light up the world without burning themselves out in the process.
In this episode we talk about Kate’s revolutionary approach – Do Less – how to have enough time and energy for what matters most. She shares with us how to get what we want in our work and life without sacrificing what matters most.
In this episode Kate shares:
- How when she was pregnant with her first child she was forced to dramatically cut her work hours but after a year of working less than half the time she maintained the revenue in her business [6:51]
- That the belief that ‘the more we do do the more valuable we are’ is making women ill [10:15]
- How we can harness the super power of our feminine cycle to have more energy and impact [11:08]
- The planning process she uses to run her business and life based on her feminine cycle to leverage her energy [15:49]
- How she uses the Do Less philosophy in her own life [19:03]
- How important it is for her to role model what honouring and respecting your body as a female is like for her daughters [20:36]
- Her experiments to try out as busy working mums for us to do less for more time and energy (without putting pressure on ourselves) [22.20]
- That a woman who truly knows her worth isn’t afraid to ask for help [25:27]
- The one thing that she hopes you take from this episode [30:40]
Links in this episode: