In this episode I’m exploring where the impact motherhood has on couplehood with Joanna Groves from Relational who is a relationship coach and psychotherapist.
When I read something Joanna wrote on social media that said that when you invest in your couple’s relationship, you actually invest in your children, I knew I had to speak to her.
In this episode Joanna shares:
- The embarrassment and shame that often comes with having problems in our relationships
- How she’s passionate about taking relationship therapy out of the therapy room and into everyday life
- What it’s like to be in a healthy relationship and demystifies some of the unhelpful beliefs that exist in our culture
- What couplehood is and the impact it can have on motherhood
- Her own honest experience of being in a blended family and the struggles she’s had
- Why the space between us and our loved ones is so important for raising children
- That even though her and her partner are both relationship therapists they still hit bumps in their relationship but it’s what they do when they hit the bumps that’s important
- The one thing we can do to positively impact couplehood
Links in this episode:
Are you subscribed to my podcast? If you’re not, I want to encourage you to get subscribed as I don’t want you to miss out. I’m adding some exciting bonus episodes and if you’re not subscribed there’s a good chance you’ll miss out. Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
I’d be really grateful if you left me a review over on iTunes, too (or your favourite podcast platform). Those reviews help other people find my podcast so you’ll be helping another working mum find this resource. Plus I also love to go in and read them. Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Thank you!