Do you struggle to rest as a working mum?
Do you feel tired but you just feel like you can’t step off the hamster wheel of life?
Does your secret fantasy involve going away to a hotel for a weekend *just* to sleep?
Then this podcast episode is for you!
I’m interviewing Karen Brody, a rest teacher and founder of Daring To Rest. I came across Karen and her work when I was deep in my own burnout journey. Her book became my bible and was pivotal in me understanding what had led me to burn out and what I could do to take my power back and recover.
Karen is on a mission to support you to experience deep rest by sharing a life-changing, simple, restful transformational nap approach. Teaching us to slow down and dare to rest.
In this episode Karen shares:
- How her experience with panic attacks in early in her motherhood journey led her to do this work
- How we value and protect rest for our children but not for ourselves
- The rest messages we receive at an early age in our culture
- How our modern society is set up for us being hyper-aroused and why we need rest more than ever
- The powerful life direction that rest took her on that led to global success
- That rest in the remedy for so many things in our lives
- A life-changing 3-minute rest ritual
Links in this episode:
Could you do me a huge favour and share this episode with two or three working mums that pop into your head as you listen? My mission is to support as many working mums on their journey as possible, and so I’d be so grateful if you supported them by offering this free podcast. I hope it’s been helpful to you, and if so, I hope you pass that on.
Please consider rating and reviewing my show. Your review can help other people find my podcast so you’ll be helping another working mum find this resource. Plus I also love to go in and read them. Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what your favourite part of the podcast is. Thank you!
Are you subscribed to my podcast? If you’re not, I want to encourage you to get subscribed as I don’t want you to miss out. I’m adding some exciting bonus episodes and if you’re not subscribed there’s a good chance you’ll miss out. Click here to subscribe in iTunes!