At Wisdom For Working Mums we’re all about empowering women to thrive. We can only step into our full power and thrive when we are financially empowered. In this week’s episode I interview Rebecca Robertson who is a leading light in the financial services industry empowering women.
Rebecca is an Independent Financial Advisor (IFA), mortgage broker and will writer. She’s director of Evolution Financial Planning, an organisation aimed at enabling women and their families to take control of their finances in order to achieve long-term financial security.
Rebecca is an award winning business owner, regular media commentator on financial planning, TEDx speaker and Huffington Post contributor.
The world of finance is traditionally male-dominated, and as a result, isn’t always geared towards the needs of women. Rebecca has been a real advocate for addressing the balance in the industry, especially for her female clients. Rebecca’s business comprises of an all-female team made up of financial planners, mortgage brokers and will writers.
During this conversation Rebecca shares her experience and wisdom to help put women firmly in control of their finances.
In this episode
- How being made redundant when she was pregnant with her first child led her on the path to achieve the phenomenal success she has [9.50]
- Where her passion to support and empower women comes from [10.50]
- How financial planning and management are important no matter how much money we have [13.55]
- Her top tip for helping take control of our finances whether we earn £10k or £110k [23.03]
- That the hardest part of managing money is actually about our mindset [24.25]
- How we need to respect and inspect our money to improve our finances [26.00]
- How we can make a real difference in the world by getting our head around our finances [27.50]
- The one emotion that can transform our finances [28.38]
- How small changes can facilitate a dream for the future [35.38]
- Insights into her 6 week money make-over course [37.40]
- How reaching out for help is the first step in thriving financially [39.10]
Links from this episode:
Rebeccca’s website: https://evolutionfinancialplanning.co.uk/
Rebecca’s profile and bio: evolutionfinancialplanning.co.uk/about-us/rebecca-robertson-financial-adviser/
Rebecca’s LinkedIn profile: linkedin.com/in/rebecca-robertson-033b1225/
Rebecca’s book on Amazon: Evolve – The Feminine Approach to Financial Planning: Maximising Your Money and Creating Wealth:
Rebecca’s TEDx talk: https://youtu.be/Ptix5x02ceA
The Evolved School of Finance – Money Make-Over Course Webinar: https://the-evolved-school-of-finance.mykajabi.com/p/registration-page